Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A New Airline Mogul World

Posted by N776AU 
A New Airline Mogul World
July 19, 2010 04:11AM
I know we've lost interest in the long worlds, so I set this one up as a sprint. Two years, and two 757s to start with.

It's Private World 1600 and the password is adnet.

Let's try this again!

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
Re: A New Airline Mogul World
July 19, 2010 09:21AM
Started up Alaska Airlines out of LAX. I like that it is 2 years because replacing aircraft is a real pain since it takes a long time and really eats your profits, but hopefully it will be long enough to build a good airline. Let's see how it goes, since it's summer and we have more time with no school!

July 20, 2010 03:53AM
I'm in as Jetmerica Airlines tongue sticking out smiley Was looking to join a word on AM , glad we've got another!
August 07, 2010 11:11PM
I have a thought for another quick world, and that would be to pick a low cost carrier, only flying their aircraft types, and only having hubs at their real hubs. Destinations would be too much to worry about, so there's no need for that. Yay or nay?

And dibs on Airtran smiling smiley

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
August 08, 2010 07:06AM
That'd be fine, make sure to make hubs unlimited! winking smiley

Also, do you think we should extend the time period to 3 years instead of 2? I'm sure that aircraft maintainence wouldn't be too bad with just one more year, or possibly even two. I have well over 300 tokens so I can build the world if you would like. But I'd like the world to start after 8/14.

August 15, 2010 10:21PM
please wait for me to get 30 tokens! grinning smiley I have 23 now...

So only LCCs, that means I have to pick kulula.com that only flies 737s...sounds pretty tough to a newbie like me!

August 15, 2010 10:36PM
I'm fine with waiting. I start classes tomorrow, anyway, and I have so much to get in order.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
August 20, 2010 11:00AM
Hey raydon, are you at 30 tokens yet? And N776AU, do you feel settled enough to start up again? If so, what would you both like in a world? I'll make this one since I know that I have plenty of tokens to use up. I'm still kind of contemplating on who I should be, are defunct airlines allowed? I am probably looking at these specs:

1. 3 years
    2. $1,000,000 starting cash
    3. Unlimited Hubs/Unlimited Foreign Hubs
    4. What year should it start?
    5. 2 737s of some variant... possibly the -300?
    6. Full world (except Antarctica unless someone wants it)
    7. Obviously only having hubs/focus cities where your airline does

I can tell that this world will be a really nice game!

August 20, 2010 02:36PM
i'm ready. do you guys want to us to play real airlines or what? sorry, i'm still struggling with the game. -300 sounds good, maybe 3?

August 20, 2010 06:51PM

And N776AU, do you feel settled enough to start up again?
I'm ready to go whenever you guys are.

maybe 3?
Using only 737s would be a cool limitation.

i'm still struggling with the game.
I did too at first. I'd pick a really busy airport to start with, and try to use a plane that's the right size. I try to keep the ticket price around $400. If it's significantly less than that, the plane used is probably too big.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
August 20, 2010 08:02PM
i don't know the busy airports at all.

JNB is the busiest in Africa bbut the airports surrounding are not....tongue sticking out smiley

Maybe I should pick an European Airport

August 20, 2010 08:54PM

Maybe I should pick an European Airport
LHR or CDG would be your best bets in Europe. If you want to come to the US and compete with us JFK, DEN, and ORD are really good.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
August 20, 2010 11:35PM
Very good. Raydon, I guess it'd be better for you to stay out of Africa, since there are much busier cities in Europe and in the US. That way, the game will move a little faster and you can make more money and order more planes. Like N776AU, I try to keep my fares between $400-$500, and sometimes even as low as $375 at the very least. Typically, planes that are 70 seats or smaller are too small for most routes, and you can make more money using a larger plane like 100 to 150 seats. As far as selling planes goes, you can either have them scrapped (you only get money for the parts which is a nominal portion of the actual MSRP of the plane, but it is the fastest way to get rid of a frame and you get the money immediately), or you can try to sell it on the public market, where one of us buys the plane and you get the money once we purchase it (which will take a lot longer than scraping the plane, but it gives you the opportunity to make more money off the plane. Typically, in a small world like this, players do not buy used planes.) Looks like these will be the specs and I am going to build the world right now:

1. 3 years
    2. $1,000,000 starting cash
    3. Unlimited Hubs/Unlimited Foreign Hubs
    5. 3 737-300s
    6. North, Central, and South America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia
    7. Obviously only having hubs/focus cities where your airline does

The world number is 1650 (named the Aviation Design 3 Year) and the password is aviation design. (case sensitive)

August 20, 2010 11:37PM
And I've set up as Southwest Airlines out of LAS, which is their largest focus city.

August 21, 2010 02:28AM
Joined as Airtran in ATL. Looks like I have MKE, MCO, and BWI to choose from after that.

Raydon. Since we're doing the Low Cost carrier theme, you could take Virgin America or Jet Blue. I realize we can only have 737s and not A320s, but SFO or JFK would make you great money to get going.

If it's still up for grabs I would say 2000 or so so the 737 NG is ready to be ordered. I can already see me ordering -800s and -900 for ATL and shifting the -300s to BWI and elsewhere.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2010 02:42AM by N776AU. (view changes)
August 21, 2010 06:01AM

If it's still up for grabs I would say 2000 or so so the 737 NG is ready to be ordered. I can already see me ordering -800s and -900 for ATL and shifting the -300s to BWI and elsewhere.
I spec'ed it to start at 2003, that way there are 2 years to order 737-300s, and the -400s, -500s, and the -NGs are available. I will definitely be ordering several -500s, since I will probably be out of DAL and/or HOU at some point.

August 21, 2010 06:19AM

I will definitely be ordering several -500s, since I will probably be out of DAL and/or HOU at some point.
I'll have to see the fuel burn. I never thought about the -500. I figured -600s and -700s from MKE and a shift of my -300s to BWI when I can pull in -800s and -900s for ATL.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
August 21, 2010 10:57AM
password not working here~ i've copied and pasted directly...i suck

August 21, 2010 05:57PM
I'm in. I don't have a real airline based in FRA but anyway

August 21, 2010 08:30PM
Yeah, I had to do some tooling around with the password but eventually got it. I guess I should have given a heads up.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
August 21, 2010 09:18PM
Oops, sorry about that! But I'm glad that everyone made it in okay!

August 24, 2010 03:40AM
I ordered a 737-600. It's going to function as my regional aircraft at ATL, and also take a place working some thin routes from MKE and BWI (and trues me, there will be plenty). It's seating isn't too much higher than the 717, and the fuel burn is better too.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
August 24, 2010 04:41AM
I've looked at the 737-600 too, but I've decided to be a purist to make the decision process easier for me and only order -300s, -500s, -700s, and a few -900s for a few heavy routes. I figure I will use those -900s for LAX-HNL because WN codeshared with ATA back in the day on that route. My -300s and -700s will be on routes out of hubs like LAX, LAS, PHX, MDW, DEN, and maybe OAK. The -500s will be on smaller routes out of OAK, DAL, HOU, and to smaller cities from LAX, PHX, LAS and MDW. The -900s will only be used on huge routes out of LAX, DEN, PHX, and LAS.

August 28, 2010 04:25AM
So now that we've sort of gotten established, how are ops going right now, and what about the future of your airline?

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
August 28, 2010 06:00AM
Personally, ops are going a little slow right now since LAS is a smaller starting city than LAX, and 737s take 2 days to build versus other smaller planes that I normally start with. My unflattering last place ranking shows it. eye rolling smiley I just opened up LAX today, so I am just going to stick with LAS and LAX for a couple of days, and then I'll open up somewhere else, probably PHX or DEN. I'm looking at having at least OAK, LAX, LAS, PHX, DEN, DAL, HOU, and MDW as hubs, and having 739 service to HNL from LAX, OAK, LAS, and PHX like the ATA and Southwest codeshare a few years ago. There is a 737-500 on order and it will be used either in LAX, or both LAX and LAS and the rest of the planes that I plan to order for now will be either 733s or 73Gs. What about you?

August 28, 2010 07:04AM
ATL is it's usual paradise. MKE is pretty bad. Those 73Gs from MKE can barely make any money even in the biggest of markets. I figure I'll cover the major airports with -600s and call it finished. BWI and MCO I'm not sure. -700s and -800s should suffice there, maybe -600s for small routes. I guess my -300s have to have a place somewhere else, since I plan to deploy all of my -900s from ATL.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
August 30, 2010 09:03AM
Started my hub at HOU well ahead of schedule, but only to fill up time on my 737-500 and make some extra money. I started HOU-SAT and the flight is the worst flight that I have, which is probably an indicator that HOU is going to be a very weak hub.

August 30, 2010 12:10PM
I've probably broken most rules except for the fact that we can only use B737s tongue sticking out smiley

Otherwise, i've decided to join you guys in the US of A at JFK. We'll see how it goes. I'm going very blindly at the moment...

August 30, 2010 04:17PM

I started HOU-SAT and the flight is the worst flight that I have, which is probably an indicator that HOU is going to be a very weak hub.
Sounds like MKE. A 737-600 is about the biggest airplane I can use with any practicality.

Otherwise, i've decided to join you guys in the US of A at JFK. We'll see how it goes. I'm going very blindly at the moment...
JFK is a good money maker. According to Wikipedia it was #12 on the busiest airports list last year.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
September 12, 2010 08:52PM
It's a ways in the future, but any thoughts on a new world and limitations?

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
September 13, 2010 09:43AM
I'm not really sure what we should do, maybe change our hubs a little bit, since I'm always out of LAX and you're always out of ATL?

September 15, 2010 04:24PM

I'm not really sure what we should do, maybe change our hubs a little bit, since I'm always out of LAX and you're always out of ATL?
Either that or we all start at the same hub. We would just need enough money for new and different airplanes so we don't have crazy price wars to start off.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
November 23, 2010 01:50PM
Where can one play this, is it on facebook or online?
November 23, 2010 04:43PM
It's at If you sign up you start collecting "tokens" which you can use to join a world. I think it's 15 required to join one? It's pretty fun.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
November 23, 2010 09:51PM
Its at where Patrick?
November 24, 2010 10:37PM
Oops. Guess my link didn't work. Should have double checked that.
[www.airlinemogul.com]

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 10:37PM by N776AU. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Home - Forum - Upload - Admin - Contact - About