Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4th of July Explosions And Some Messing Around With My Camera

Posted by N776AU 
4th of July Explosions And Some Messing Around With My Camera
July 05, 2010 05:23PM
Is there a better day to blow things up? No. So basically some friends and I made a trip to South Carolina to get some good fireworks, since the only ones sold in Georgia are generally lame. This all led to a fun night with a bunch of neighbors, and me trying to get some long-exposure shots with my camera. I didn't get pictures of our really big boomers (mortar shells FTW) because I wanted to enjoy those. And so I give you some long-exposure shots of fireworks, and some random ones in my room.

And now for my nerdiness (if you can even call that a word) in action:

Some of the safety card collection

And some more

Some Airtran, with some of my Nascar stuff on either side

Two prides of my collection

I enjoy these even though I bought them on Ebay.

Bluewhale should recognize these!

A couple of Boeing posters (I am such a nerd....)

And another

And even one more.

Model with its poster

And a few more models (and with some of the old wing pins too!) with the Airtran 717, Northwest 757, US Airways A330 and Delta 77L

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
Re: 4th of July Explosions And Some Messing Around With My Camera
July 08, 2010 07:02AM
Nice fireworks! Unfortunately we're not allowed to fire our own anymore because of new laws layed down a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed those pictures.

Awww, it's those safety cards that I got for you, all in the same place. Nice collection! You really have a lot of Delta and AirTran. How many do you have in all, and how many airlines do you have?

You have some nice Boeing artwork! Looks like you have a picture for every model that is still in production? (except the 787)

Those are some great models too. I like how you put the flightpins at the base of each plane's stand. I also like that Ted plane that you have below.

July 08, 2010 04:53PM

How many do you have in all, and how many airlines do you have?
38 in total from 9 airlines.

Looks like you have a picture for every model that is still in production?
All except the 717 (which looks really good in Dreamliner colors). I ordered those from the online Boeing Store.

I also like that Ted plane that you have below.
I'm surprised anyone noticed that. I bought it way back in 2004 at LAS. It's kind of interesting. It has the fuselage of an A320, but the nose of a 737.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
July 10, 2010 06:34AM

38 in total from 9 airlines.

You beat me in quantity. I have 30 from 13 airlines.

Are you going back to the Boeing store to get more stuff when you go to ORD?

July 10, 2010 07:33PM

Are you going back to the Boeing store to get more stuff when you go to ORD?
There's no way I couldn't, and it's easy now because I know exactly how to get there. There's too much good stuff to pass up (and my first 767 keychain broke). I'll try and get pictures of it. I was thinking this trip of capturing lots of small details of everything. Gotta keep these things fresh somehow smiling smiley

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Home - Forum - Upload - Admin - Contact - About