Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stranded in the Airport: Vacation or Internment Camp?

Posted by bluewhale 
Stranded in the Airport: Vacation or Internment Camp?
April 20, 2010 06:56AM
After reading this article, [www.msnbc.msn.com] I began to think about how I would feel to be one of those travelers stranded in the airport due to the volcano ash. Personally, I would be having lots of fun and it would be the greatest highlight of my trip, since I could go spotting literally 24/7, and take hundreds of photos. I would probably also begin spotting the European way in addition to taking pictures. It would be cool to see a reg. that flew away one day come back on another day. I would also explore all of the terminals at JFK or whichever airport I was at, and I could also attempt to collect every airline's paper stuffs like safety cards, magazines, luggage tags, ticket jackets, etc. Best of all, this to me would be a vacation of a lifetime, and everything, including sleeping and eating in the airport are all free! Other travelers would be miserable and grumpy, but I would be having the time of my life!

If you were stranded in an airport like this, with no hotels or relatives to stay with, how would you feel and what would you do?

Re: Stranded in the Airport: Vacation or Internment Camp?
April 20, 2010 09:09PM
Definitely explore every corner of the airport first. If I had any money I would try to go to the city and explore it more. There's always something I miss when I go somewhere. Give me any airport and I'll find something to do.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
Re: Stranded in the Airport: Vacation or Internment Camp?
April 21, 2010 05:43PM
i gave that i lot of thought too...
pro's: spotter's paradise

con's: i'd actually get bored at looking at the same planes for 5 days...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Home - Forum - Upload - Admin - Contact - About