Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Classes This Semester

Posted by N776AU 
Classes This Semester
April 13, 2010 05:38AM
I know it's very late in the semester, but may as well stir up some activity.

I was at a small college but this semester I transferred to the University of Georgia. Talk about a change

This semester for classes I have:
-Band
-Clarinet Study
-Brass Methods
-Woodwind Methods
-Intro to Conducting
-German 1002

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
Re: Classes This Semester
April 14, 2010 03:42AM

Do you want to go into a musical career?
Yeah. My major is Music Education. I want to be a band director for a high school or college.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
April 14, 2010 02:48PM
Second half of my semester started this week:

BSc Actuarial and Financial Mathematics:
WTW114-Calculus
WST111-Mathematical Statistics
FBS110-Financial Management
EKN113-Actuarial Economics
COS132-Imperative programming

April 19, 2010 12:00AM
My classes haven't changed much:

Advanced Placement Spanish 4
Pre-Calculus
Advanced Creative Writing (in lieu of College Writing last semester)
ASB Leadership
Advanced Placement Biology
Culinary Arts
Advanced Placement Psychology

April 19, 2010 11:52PM

Advanced Placement Psychology
Ahh Psychology. If there the upper level courses here weren't so insane I would minor in it. I particularly enjoyed taking Developmental Psychology.

I just signed up for next semester. Unfortunately most of my major stuff is only a 1 or 2 hour credit. I have:
-Music Theory I
-Aural Skills I
-Band (...come on Wind Ensemble smiling smiley ... )
-Redcoat Marching Band
-Piano I
-Clarinet Study
-Band Conducting
-Beginning Bowling (If that's not the easiest A in the world for me I'll never make an A again)

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
April 21, 2010 10:03PM

I opted out of Psychology for Sociology, hope I made the right choice!
Eew. I hated Sociology with a fiery passion. Too much BS and little that's relevant to real-life. I did terribly in Sociology because I couldn't stand what was being presented to me. I totally bombed the first two tests and withdrew from the course a few weeks before mid-point.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
April 22, 2010 01:38AM
Don't know about Sociology, since my school does not offer it, but I really do like Psychology. It is an AP class, but in my school, the teacher who teaches it is one of the best in the district, and the class is not the slightest bit hard. I like Psychology because it gives a perspective about how the human mind works, like anxiety, sleep, brain chemistry, mood disorders, and people learn information. It's a good class, but I hope you like sociology.

But AP Biology has to be the hardest class that i've ever taken. I wasn't great in Chemistry, and that is hurting me even worse now than it had last year. But also has to do with the teacher, since it's his first year teaching the class and he has always been very disorganized and doesn't really teach anything. Regular 10th grade Biology was a breeze though.

Hopefully I won't have to take a lot of math in college, other than what is needed daily for being a pilot, like calculating weight and fuel.

April 22, 2010 03:55AM

Hopefully I won't have to take a lot of math in college
I'm awful at math and still got A's in College Algebra and Precal. Ratemyprofessors.com is a great tool to use when picking classes out.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
April 24, 2010 06:17AM
N776AU
Ratemyprofessors.com is a great tool to use when picking classes out.
Just checked it out - it's a great website, thanks! smiling smiley

GCA333
One of the Sociology teachers is one I have had before and I know is good, so fingers crossed.
That's always a plus, I've sometimes taken classes solely because I like the teacher, and I end up actually liking the class and getting a good grade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Home - Forum - Upload - Admin - Contact - About