Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dupes

Posted by almaden 
Dupes
October 15, 2010 09:33PM
Not to be picky....but there have been lots of duplicate entries lately. A couple of them have been mine, but when I have contacted admin to have them removed --- or incorrect information changed (like the airline name) --- I have not received a reply. Anything we can do?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 09:34PM by almaden. (view changes)
Re: Dupes
October 16, 2010 07:16AM
I can't figure out what the issue is with the emails. I haven't been receiving them even though I should. If you can tell me the photo IDs of the duplicates here I can delete them.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
October 16, 2010 08:52PM
Thanks Patrick, glad that you responded.. Just like Raydon mentioned in a previous post, I too have sent (at least half a dozen) emails in the past few months -- with no response or action taken. (?)

I admit, they are probably my fault --- but here is a list of some duplicate entries and errors:

DUPLICATE ENTRIES OF MINE:

- ID: 00013601 (Amsterdam Airlines)
- ID: 00013582 (FlyGlobeSpan)
- ID: 00013567 (FlyBE)
- ID: 00013305 (KNA Royal Dutch Antilles)

ERRORS:

- ID: 00013484, ID: 00013483 and ID: 00013482 (Should be "Trans Canada Air Lines" with no description)
- ID: 00013421, ID: 00013420 and ID: 00013419 (Should be "Nunavut" not "Nanavut")
- ID: 00013577 (Should be "Thomson" not "Thomas Cook")

THERE ARE ALSO A NUMBER OF DUPLICATE AIRLINE CATEGORIES ON THE SEARCH ENGINE THAT APPEAR TO BE THE SAME THING, JUST SPELLED DIFFERENTLY, SOMETIMES WITH THE SAME ENTRY POSTED IN EACH ---- MAYBE THEY COULD BE CONSOLIDATED:

- Cruzeiro, Cruzeiro do Sul and Cruzeiro
- Darwin Aerospace and Darwin Aerospace Industries
- Emirates and Emirates Airlines
- EOS, EOS Business Link, Eos Airlines
- Eporue Airlines, Eporue Airways and EporueAirways
- Etihad, Etihad Airlines and Etihad Airways
- Euro Air and Euroair
- European and European Airlines
- Eurostar and Eurostar European Airlines
- Federal Express (FedEx) and Fed Ex

These are just some examples, if you think it is worthwhile to consolidate these categories I will volunteer to go through the rest of the list for you. Let me know....

Thanks again Patrick.

Pete (a.k.a. Almaden)
October 17, 2010 02:08AM

with no response or action taken
I, unfortunately have no way of fixing that. If the mail was working right I would have received them, and I always made sure to respond to those ASAP.

If you want to use email you can send things to my personal address: N776AU@uga.edu
And there's a few who are friends with me on Facebook. That's another easy way to get in touch with me. I respond to everything.

These are just some examples, if you think it is worthwhile to consolidate these categories
It absolutely is. I try every now and then to comb through it and keep it clean, but I haven't lately. Unfortunately people tend to just type and not go through the scroll list. It's a pretty easy fix. If you have any others please do list them. Same with aircraft if you notice any. I usually catch those little things before they get accepted, but sometimes someone tacks on the /ER or /LR designation and I don't notice.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 02:10AM by N776AU. (view changes)
October 17, 2010 03:34AM
Thanks again Patrick. I will start looking through the lists and get back to you. - Pete
October 18, 2010 04:30PM
For some reason your Air France L'Expres 767 photo doesn't want to go in the database. I have both copies in the queue, but it keeps giving me an error message when I try to accept it.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
October 18, 2010 06:15PM
Another question is airplane types. It can be difficult to check what is an accidental misprint and what is a deliberate modification for a fake aircraft.

Definition of real and fake aircraft is unclear as well.
October 19, 2010 01:22AM

Another question is airplane types. It can be difficult to check what is an accidental misprint and what is a deliberate modification for a fake aircraft.
Yeah, it is. That's a much bigger challenge than the airline list for that reason.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
October 19, 2010 10:08AM
N776AU Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For some reason your Air France L'Expres 767 photo
> doesn't want to go in the database. I have both
> copies in the queue, but it keeps giving me an
> error message when I try to accept it.

Is it the name or the image that doesn't work?
October 19, 2010 08:28PM

Is it the name or the image that doesn't work?
I'm not really sure. I just got two more images today that don't want to go in. Right now they're just idle in the queue.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
December 09, 2010 07:55AM
Patrick, to date none of the dupes have been fixed. It's been two months ---- whats going on? Have you bailed on it?
December 11, 2010 10:17PM
I haven't. Unfortunately this whole semester has been really busy, so I haven't had much time. I should after Tuesday when my last final is finished. I've been having to practice clarinet for 3+ hours a day, and that's not even starting with other classes

And for whatever reason your Air France 767 still doesn't want to insert in to the database.. I have no idea what the issue is.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 04:04AM by N776AU. (view changes)
December 14, 2010 05:18AM
I have not been receiving emails either.
And the 767 won't enter the database for me either.

Something must be up with the server.
December 15, 2010 12:04AM
Yeah, there is. Unfortunately getting a hold of Henrik has been no easy task.

I'll try to get started on cleaning the list tonight and tomorrow before I start back to my job over Christmas break.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
December 15, 2010 04:00AM

- Cruzeiro, Cruzeiro do Sul and Cruzeiro
- Darwin Aerospace and Darwin Aerospace Industries
- Emirates and Emirates Airlines
- EOS, EOS Business Link, Eos Airlines
- Eporue Airlines, Eporue Airways and EporueAirways
- Etihad, Etihad Airlines and Etihad Airways
- Euro Air and Euroair
- European and European Airlines
- Eurostar and Eurostar European Airlines
- Federal Express (FedEx) and Fed Ex
I fixed everything on this list. They take about 4-12 hours to disappear from the drop-down menu, so don't worry if they're still there. I'll try to comb through and find more. If you see or know of any more go ahead and post them here.

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
December 17, 2010 07:03AM
Way to go Patrick. Like all housework, this must've been a bit of a pain. I will try and get some time together next week to go thru some more of the lists.

(If I may) On behalf of everyone who loves the site....Thank you for the effort!

--- Pete (Almaden)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 07:04AM by almaden. (view changes)
December 17, 2010 04:43PM

this must've been a bit of a pain
A bit tedious, but not at all difficult. Usually it's just one or two photos in every name that are wrong. I'll keep trying to scan around and get things fixed in my free time and maybe we can get this mess cleaned up

Patrick
Admin
Proud Member Since 2003
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Home - Forum - Upload - Admin - Contact - About