Logo

Site Related : CarDatabase.net
This is the support forum. Ask your site related questions or give your comments here.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Upload regulations
Posted by: Ikarus (IP Logged)
Date: March 7, 2012 05:56PM

We have in upload section, from time to time, pictures we can not upload by many reasons. And, this time picture quality is not a problem. Pictures are too small or too big - about only 20kb to 1 Mb, without any data about photographer, location and also...no e-mail adress to make a contact to those uploaders. So I use this way to inform them about the rejection reasons and, that we are waiting their pics any time but with those little changes - as size, names, e-mails.

Regards to all

Misko

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 03/07/12 07:54PM by Ikarus.

Re: Upload regulations
Posted by: hyundaiscoupe (IP Logged)
Date: March 12, 2012 05:01PM

Greetings

Your recomendatios for make upload regulations add more serious compromise
about all of uploaders, including me. I think our works must be respected in
all way, and the new photographers must follow this guidelines. Unfortunatelly,
much people doesn't think equal.

Our rights ends when the right of others start (this is a Puerto Rican slogan
EL DERECHO DE NOSOTROS TERMINA DONDE EMPIEZAN LOS DERECHOS DE LOS DEMAS), and this
include all of photographers of this site.

Apologies if my expressions sound ruff (because my english isn't good), but I
think this is a great site, and all of us must protect it, and part of our work is
improve our photos and put the info accuratelly.

One upon a time, one user writed to my personal e-mail criticizing my lot of
information when I upload my works in this site. I think, for quality reasons,
this information must be uploaded with the photo. This add interesting facts about
our work.

One more time, apologize me if I do not upload photos in this site. But I'm
studying Master in Technology in Education and i have a lot of work. But I cannot
forget my serius compromise with all of you.

Marco Antonio Feliciano Del Valle
Ponce, Puerto Rico

Date: March 23, 2012 07:02PM

Hi,

I wish to repeat my appeal to felow photographers. Plese, do not send too big or too small pictures. If you do so, I must resize EVERY pic, one by one before uploading, and also reject too small pictures. Pictures sized 0.9 Mb I must reduce to 0.5Mb. It takes time if I have 150-200 pics a day.

Regards

Misko

Date: April 15, 2012 05:57PM

Hi again and again,

I repeat my appeal to photographers.... please reduce your pics to regular suze. It takes a lot of time for screeners to do it one by one every day. This week we have almost 150 pictures to reduce and this is the reason why other photographers have to wait for uploading of their regular-sized pics. I will be forced to reject photographs 0.75Mb or larger. And this is also (as you all know) a little larger that regulations are.

Regards

Misko

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/15/12 08:36PM by Ikarus.

Posted by: Mårten (IP Logged)
Date: April 18, 2012 12:07AM

0,75MB?

Date: April 19, 2012 01:51AM

Yes, 0.75 Mb is about the limit, and this is a little bigger that is in site regulation. When somebody upload larger picture, size number (as examample 850kb) is in red colour, as a sign to be resized. When we have 150 or more pictures in upload queue it takes time to do it one by one. In this moment we have in upload section several pictures even larger than 1Mb. I don`t ask nothing without a reason, because, when we upload our pics there is very clearly...(Shouldn't exceed 300kB, absolute max 500kB!).

PS. In this moment we have in upload section one pic 1.6MB sized. Believe or not!
File information: /www/www/photos/upload/big/00242848.jpg: 1280 x 1707 pixels
Size: 1624 kB.

Just wrote here what to do in this case. To reject it or resize one by one...

Regards

Misko

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/19/12 02:04AM by Ikarus.

Posted by: juanelo242 (IP Logged)
Date: April 19, 2012 05:00AM

Do you send messages to these photographers? Remember that no more than 3 or 4 people read this forum grinning smiley grinning smiley

Now seriously, maybe you need something like [imageresizer.codeplex.com]
This thing reduces a 800Kb pic (1280x960) down to 280-300Kb.

Date: April 19, 2012 10:26AM

Yes, I sent kindly emails to certain photographers about this problem but no answer at all.
About image resizer....We have options in CDB upload section to reduce pictures. But if somebody send 50 pics of that (large) kind it takes time to do it. This resizer is a kind of help to screeners from time to time not to be a standard tool to each and every pic in upload queue section.

PS. Now I have 4 pics from 1,1 to 1.6 MB to reduce. Don`t you agree this is realy too large...

Regards

Misko

Posted by: Mårten (IP Logged)
Date: April 20, 2012 10:57AM

i dont know how pics arrives at the screeners end, but my pics are generally up to 3,5MB when uploading, haven't heard anything about that.

Date: August 5, 2012 10:38PM

Hi again,

after my last post in April we still receive too large pictures. Always from the same photographers. As I wrote before, I sent to that guy kind emails 5 times(FIVE), but there is no answer at all. Very rude. I didn`t want to name that photographer and I spent a lot of my free time this summer resizing his pictures. And this is not fair because the other photographers wait too long for their upload. So, I will not upload that guy`s pictures if those will be too large. And those pics are about 0,8 to 1.0 Mb large.
I hope he will recognize himself in my post and will change his actions.

Before that I will NOT screen and upload his pics even he have 115 waiting in upload section. I have my personal life too and don`t want to spend it in doing other people tasks.

Regards

Misko

PS. What can I say....Even I vrote that that l`ll never upload again too big pics by that guy I did it again and upload 20 of his pics. I like CDB and expect of uploaders the same....

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 08/06/12 06:49PM by Ikarus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

[Home] [Forum] [News] [Sport news]
[Market] [Techspec preview] [Add photos]
[WAP] [Contact] [About] [Privacy Policy]